Ball Lightning Saboteur
With Harvest league having just kicked off, it’s understandable if players won’t have the gear for overpowered killer builds just yet. For now, as long as a build can clear content, it’s good enough! That’s exactly what the Ball Lightning Saboteur is. It’s not the top in anything, but it still deals so much damage and can definitely hold its own as a force to be reckoned with.
Check out our Marketplace to buy POE Items and Orbs.
Passive Skill Tree
Here’s the passive skill tree.
Skill Gem Setup
- Core Skill: Ball Lightning, High Impact Mine, and Minefield with Slower Projectiles, Trap and Mine Damage, and Awakened Added Lightning Damage support gems.
- Secondary DPS: Storm Brand with Curse on Hit, Conductivity, and Culling Strike support gems.
- Mobility: Flame Dash with Faster Casting support gem; Portal.
- CWDT Setup: Cast When Damage Taken level 10 with Immortal Call level 8 and Wave of Conviction level 12.
- Zealotry – Precision (level 1) and Blood Magic with Enlighten level 3 support gem
- Vaal Discipline and Herald of Thunder with Enlighten level 3 support gem
- Utility: Summon Skitterbots.
- Helm: Hubris Circlet (Rare) with Ball Lightning Damage modifier, preferably with bonus energy shield, life, resistances, and “enemies have -9% lightning resistance” fossil mod.
- Weapon: Any Rare wand/dagger with 100%+ crit chance for spells, bonus spell damage, and +1 level of all spell gems; preferably with mods for lightning gems and spell gems.
- Shield: Any Rare shield with >250 ES, +1 to level of lightning skill gems, and bonuses to life, blocking, and elemental resistances.
- Body: Shavronne’s Wrappings (Unique) for increased spell damage, energy shield, earlier energy shield recharge, lightning resistance, lightning damage reflection to melee attackers, and chaos damage no longer bypasses energy shield.
- Gloves: Any Rare fingerless silk gloves with bonuses to spell damage, energy shield, life, and elemental resistances.
- Belt: Any Rare crystal belt with bonuses to energy shield, life, and elemental resistances.
- Boots: Any Rare sorcerer boots with bonuses to movement speed, elemental resistances, and immunity to chill/freeze.
- Two Circles of Regret (Unique Ring) for increased lightning resistance, intelligence, lightning damage, and two random Herald of Thunder modifiers; preferably with energy shield and elemental resistances modifiers
- Presence of Chayula (Unique Amulet) for bonus attributes, increased rarity of items found, stun immunity, 25% of life to energy shield, and chaos resistance
- Diamond Flask for lucky critical strike chance
- Mana Flask with “flask effect is not removed at full mana” modifier
- Quicksilver Flask for movement
- Bottled Faith (Unique) for Consecrated Ground on use, increased critical strike chance and damage on enemies in Consecrated Ground
- Cinderswallow Urn (Unique) for Onslaught and energy shield recovery when killing enemies
The Ball Lightning Saboteur is one of the best builds to start Harvest with. Trust us, it’ll live up to its name as you’re going to have a ball with this one for sure!