Recruit a Friend WoW Style: Free Game Time and Rewards in 5 Easy Steps
Your friend wants to play World of Warcraft (WoW) with you? Don’t miss the opportunity to earn these fantastic rewards that will definitely aid you in-game. From getting free levels to a crazy XP bonus, learn everything you need to know before you Recruit a Friend WoW style. In this guide, I’ll show you how to recruit a friend: the steps, the rewards, the benefits and some quick tips on how to get the most out of these three amazing months!
Steps for Recruiting a Friend
- Choose your buddy wisely, after all, you’re going to play with him/her.
- Enter the game, press “O” to see your Friends List. There’s a button with two hands shaking, click it.
- Then you’ll have to enter your friend’s email address and a note if you want, just to make it more personal. Note: Your friend will be directed to join the realm and the faction that you had when you invited him/her.
- Your buddy will receive the Recruit a Friend invitation via e-mail and will be prompted to open an account or link an existent one to WoW. Once your friend does this, he/she will be asked to download the game.
- Okay, now you’re linked for 90 days! You’re the veteran player and your friend is the recruited. Add each other in Battle.net, enter the game and have fun!
Your friend is not required to have a pre-existing WoW account and if your pal already has one, but it has to be less than 30 days old for this to work. You can always recruit a friend who already has a Battle.net account, WoW just will be added to it.
If, for some reason, you find that the recruit a friend is not working, you can always “open a ticket”. Blizzard’s customer support is the best and they are always available to help you.
Benefits of Recruit-a-Friend
“But, why would I use the recruit a friend option?” Well, recruiting a friend in WoW has many benefits, you get epic rewards, free game time AND you get to spend time with fantastic people!
This boost is a 300% bonus experience to everything you do with your recruited: quests, dungeons, and so on, and it can be stacked with other experience boost like the Darkmoon Faire and Heirlooms, among others.
The limitations: discovering new areas doesn’t count for this bonus. You have to be close to your friend (within range), no more than four levels apart and in the same party group.
You can summon your recruit. Let’s suppose your buddy wants to play a night elf but you’re already sick of leveling in Kalimdor and you want to try dwarves. The solution is simple: play the dwarf and summon your friend to start leveling in Dun Morogh. Also, you can be nice and let your new recruited pick the leveling zone. Either way, you’ll be skipping hours of traveling. You can do this by right-clicking on your recruited character’s portrait or from the friends list and selecting “summon friend.”
The limitations: if the person being summoned is level 90 or higher, he or she won’t be eligible to be summoned. You have to be in the same group. It also has a little 30 minute cooldown, but lucky you, your cooldown don’t affect your friends!
This one is a great benefit for the veteran player because for every two levels that the recruited friend achieves there is one level to be granted to the recruiter friend. It’s cumulative, so the levels don’t have to be granted right away. Pro tip: when your friend grants you a level, make sure you have a high percentage of experience (the granted level is a complete one). Let’s say you’re lvl 89 with 80%, now you’ll be lvl89 with 80%, that’s a nice boost if you ask me.
- Maximum of 44 grantable levels per character.
- You must be in the same party group.
- They can’t be granted from different realms or opposite factions.
- Levels can’t be given to the recruiter friend if he or she is level 90 or more.
- You have to be a lower level than your buddy to be granted levels.
- Let’s suppose you already have a character level 50 and your friend leveled alone until reaching level 70, but now you want to play together: your friend can grant you 20 levels to help you catch up with him or her.
Read More on World of Warcraft:
Rewards of Recruit-a-Friend
30 days of FREE game time
Yes, as you read it, a whole month of subscription to your WoW account, so you can keep playing with your friend, one month free! This one is given when your recruited pays the first month’s subscription.
Epic in-game mounts or special pets
This one is given when your buddy pays the second month’s subscription. There’s a variety of mounts and pets to choose that consist of the following:
- Emerald Hippogryph (Mount)
- Heart of the Nightwing (2 passengers Mount)
- X-53 Touring Rocket (2 passengers Mount)
- Swift Zhevra (Mount)
- Golden Pig (Pet)
- Silver Pig (Pet)
- Jade Tiger (Pet)
- Zipao Tiger (Pet)
Tips to consider in recruiting a friend in WoW
Quick Guide to Get the Most of Recruit-a-Friend with your Buddy!
- Make sure you and your friend are in the same realm and faction.
- Every time you level up together ensure you’re in a party group together.
- Don’t get too apart and turn in your quests while being close to each other.
- Buy heirlooms for your recruited. I mean, give your buddy enough money to buy the necessary heirlooms. There are 5 heirlooms (obtainable with gold) that give an experience boost: (1) head, (2) shoulders, (3) back, (4) chest, and (5) legs. They can be bought in Ironforge and Undercity. Some heirlooms require you to have high standing with a guild. The main heirloom vendors are:
- Horde: Kim Horn (Guild Vendor) and Estelle Gendry both in Undercity.
- Alliance: Steeg Haskell (Guild Vendor) and Krom Stoutarm both in Ironforge.
- If this is your first time doing this, it would be nice that you pick the Recruit a Friend mount that lets you carry a passenger. That way you can always take your pal with you.
- Don’t ever leave a dungeon without knowing both of you turned in the quests. This could mean that one of you doesn’t get the bonus experience by being apart.
- Try to get more experience boosts. This can be done with the Darkmoon Faire, Guild Perk (you have to be in a guild), and the Rested Bonus (always stay at an inn before login out). There are some special events that give you a percentage of bonus exp, like the Fire Festival Ribbon Pole.
- If you have a mage character, you can use it to port yourselves into new places. This can be done by making a party, giving the lead to your friend and then your friend invites your mage. You create the portal where both of your low toons are located and go back to your lower level. Then you both use the portal and ta-da!
- Don’t ever do “grey” quests. They don’t give enough experience and the boost doesn’t apply to them.
- Leveling with the RAF is really fast, so make sure you’re always changing maps. Move to the maps according to your level.
- If your friend is new to MMORPG’s or WoW, let your buddy level a character alone. This way he or she will have all the time in the world to read everything.
- If you really, really want to level up fast, try with a hybrid class. You can enter dungeons faster with a tank and/or a healer.
- Have patience. Helping a newbie requires patience sometimes, but you’ll be running Mythic Raids in no time!
Blizzard games with Recruit a Friend
World of Warcraft is not the only Blizzard game with this feature, there are two more games and these are Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. Since they both are free to play, the rewards may not seem as amazing as the ones from WoW, but they’re easy to obtain by being “no-subscription-very-addictive-games.” Also, who doesn’t want to have a murloc as a hero in Hearthstone?!
Recruit a Friend FAQ
If you have MORE questions about getting your friends to play, here’s the link to the WoW website answering the entire Recruit a Friend FAQ.