WoW Pilgrim’s Bounty 2017
Pilgrim’s Bounty is the Azerothian way of celebrating Thanksgiving. This festival only lasts for a few days and this year (2017) from November 21 to 28. I’m going to briefly go through the achievements, quests and rewards that you can get once a year in the WoW Pilgrim’s Bounty!
Check out our Marketplace to buy cheap WOW Gold.
Quests and Dailies for WoW Pilgrim’s Bounty
Alliance and Horde both have non-repeatable quests involving cooking. However, you’ll need to have a certain level of cooking to complete them. This is not a problem as you can easily level up this profession with all these ingredients and daily quests. But, STOP! Before you get to do anything, first, learn Cooking from any trainer and learn the recipe for “Spice Bread,” because it will be useful.
- Spice Bread Stuffing: requires level 1 in Cooking. Prepare 5 Spice Bread Stuffing.
- Pumpkin Pie: requires level 100 in Cooking. Prepare 5 Pumpkin Pie.
- Cranberry Chutney: requires level 160 in Cooking. Prepare 5 Cranberry Chutney.
- Candied Sweet Potatoes: requires level 220 in Cooking. Prepare 5 Candied sweet Potato.
- Slow-roasted Turkey: Requires level 280 in Cooking. Prepare 5 Slow-Roasted Turkey.
- Undersupplied in the Undercity (Horde): requires level 160 in Cooking. Bring 5 Spice Bread Stuffing and 5 Cranberry Chutney.
- They’re Ravenous in Darnassus (Alliance): requires level 220 in Cooking. Bring 5 Spice Bread Stuffing and 5 Pumpkin Pie.
So, you’ll need to be at level 280 to complete all of these quests and earn the achievement “Now We’re Cookin.’”
There are different quest givers for each faction but the quests are the same and they give identical rewards:
- Can’t Get Enough Turkey
- Don’t Forget the Stuffing!
- Easy As Pie
- She Says Potato
- We’re Out of Cranberry Chutney Again?
You will need the following reagents to complete all the dailies for ONE day, which are ALL are sold by the Pilgrim’s Bounty Vendors in the capital cities:
- For the Horde
- 20 Ripe Tirisfal Pumpkinin Undercity
- 20 Tangy Southfury Cranberriesin Orgrimmar
- 20 Mulgore Sweet Potatoin Thunder Bluff
- 20 Wild Turkeyin Tirisfal Glades
- For the Alliance
- 20 Ripe Elwynn Pumpkinin Stormwind
- 20 Tangy Wetland Cranberriesin Ironforge
- 20 Teldrassil Sweet Potatoin Darnassus
- 20 Wild Turkeyin Elwynn Forest
The dailies may have different names (depending on the faction) but they’re basically the same. The only thing I think noteworthy is that you have to hunt Wild Turkeys to get the Wild Turkey Meat (both in Tirisfal Glades and Elwynn Forest).
As in a Thanksgiving reunion, you get to stuff your face with food at the Bountiful Tables and pass the dishes so that everyone can enjoy them. Don’t just cook, eat all the food! Passing food and eating it are the two options when you sit at the table.
Passing food does nothing for you but it gets you an achievement. Eating it is a little bit different, you either eat a serving of food or you can feast on that food. These foods are Cranberries, Pie, Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes and Turkey. Eating 5 times from each of every food will grant you an awesome buff called The Spirit of Sharing.
Leveling Up the Cooking Profession and Reputations
The Spirit of Sharing is a buff that increases your reputation gained by 10% and it lasts 1 hour. This is great if you’re looking to finally complete the Broken Isles Pathfinder or whichever reputation you’re currently farming. You can get this buff by eating each of every food at the Bountiful Table FIVE times.
You can also start leveling the Cooking Profession with the quests and dailies as the ingredients are so easy to obtain and cook. This may be a great opportunity to advance in certain things if you happen to be an overachiever like me.
Raise the Difficulty
If you want to make the experience even more challenging, you can try and celebrate the Pilgrim’s Bounty with a level 1 character. Get together with your friends and maybe you can even do it as a contest: the first one to get all the obtainable achievements earns a reward! Oh, I just remembered the Gnome-race I did with my friends. Go and make some good memories!
Where do I Find the Tables?!
In every major city, you’ll spot “Bountiful Tables” filled with different foods that you get to taste. You just sit there and pass the food or throw it and start a fight!
- Alliance (major cities): Stormwind, Ironforge, Exodar and Darnassus.
- Horde (major cities): Orgrimmar, Silvermoon, Undercity and Thunderbluff.
You also can find shorter tables in smaller towns but beware, because you’ll only find food and not the quest givers, vendors and trainers.
- Sharing is Caring: use the “pass” option to pass each of every food dish at the Bountiful Table.
- “Food Fight!” use the “throw” option and throw food to a fellow fester’s head at a Bountiful Table.
- Now We’re Cookin’: cook up one of every Pilgrim’s Bounty Dish (the ones from the quests).
- Pilgrim’s Paunch: acquire the Spirit of Sharing from a Bountiful Table feast at every Alliance or Horde capital.
- Pilgrim’s Peril: while wearing a Pilgrim’s Dress, Robe, or Attire, take a seat at each enemy capital’s Bountiful Table. You might get flagged PvP so please be really careful while doing this.
- Pilgrim’s Progress: complete each of the Pilgrim’s Bounty dailies.
- Terokkar Turkey Time: defeat Talon King Ikiss while wearing a Pilgrim’s Hat and either a Pilgrim’s Dress, Robe or Attire. The Talon King Ikiss is a boss in the Sethekk Halls dungeon, which is located in Terokkar Forest in Outland, and you have to be at level 63 to enter. You may also complete this achievement by killing Ikiss in either Normal or Heroic difficulty.
- The Turkinator: hunt enough Wild Turkeys quickly to gain Turkey Triumph. Master the turkey hunting by shooting down 40 turkeys with less than 30 seconds apart from each kill. You can use almost any throw ability or range weapon to bring them down. They can be found in Elwynn Forest (Alliance) and Tirisfal Glades (for Horde).
- Turkey Lurkey: blast those dirty, sneaking Rogues with your Turkey Shooter. You can obtain the shooter by completing the daily quests of the events. This “weapon” covers the target with turkey feathers and the idea of this achievement is to hunt down every Rogue of every race except for Pandaren. Find one of each and make feathers rain over them! The races that can play Rogue are Gnome, Dwarf, Human, Night Elf and Worgen (Alliance); and Blood Elf, Goblin, Troll, Orc and Undead (Horde).
- Pilgrim: complete the Pilgrim’s Bounty Achievements listed above.
You’ll get the “ the Pilgrim” title so that you can show off your food fight (and cooking) skills and patience toward the enemy. The title is given after you complete ALL of the achievements I listed above.
- Pilgrim’s Hat: looks weird with horns.
- Pilgrim’s Robe: the aboriginal part of the bounty.
- Pilgrim’s Dress: a nice black and white dress.
- Pilgrim’s Attire: the male counterpart of the above.
- Pilgrim’s Belt: if you want to go with it, I usually prefer the hidden belt.
- Pilgrim’s Boot: we can’t miss the boots to complete the outfit!
These can be earned by completing daily quests of the Pilgrim’s Bounty festival.
- Silver-Plated Turkey Shooter: it does the same as the Turkey Shooter but you’ll have it forever! It has a five-minute cooldown and it can be found in the daily quest reward, the Pilgrim’s Bounty.
- Frightened Bush Chicken: found in the Pilgrim’s Bounty, a reward from the five dailies, so make sure you do them all! This pet is from the Critter pet family and has flying and beast abilities.
- The Plump Turkey: is awarded by completing the achievement “Pilgrim.” This one is a Flying-type battle-pet that has flying and critter abilities.
Wrapping Things Up
World of Warcraft’s Pilgrim’s Bounty Event is meant to be fun and it gives you several days to complete it. I recommend using the add-on OverAchiever because it helps you track the progression of your achievements.
Don’t pass the opportunity of getting a new title and new achievements. Remember that this is just one time in a year and though the Pilgrim’s achievement is not required for the “What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been,” it’s nice to have it done for the title, the pets, the toy, the appearances and becoming a Master Chef!
Read More: Gotta Catch ‘Em All: WoW Battle Pets Guide