WotLK Classic Arena Tier List
In Wrath of the Lich King Classic there are three different arena brackets where you can PvP, these brackets are 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5. Each bracket has its own meta regarding comps and classes, but in the following tier list, you will find the classes that have the best performance overall and what makes them good. This WotLK Classic Arena Tier List will help players figure out optimal team compositions in Arena.
What are the Best Classes for Arena in WotLK Classic?
As you already know, the tier rank are as follows:
S – Oh yes, specs here are the best of the best, the finest DPS all over Northrend.
A – Good specs overall, nothing bad about them, just not at the very top.
B – I mean, it’s alright, could be better, could be worse.
C – Oh man, you should start to reconsider the spec you’re playing if it is placed in this rank.
D – The absolute worse, don’t play specs in this rank, please.
The Best Healers in WotLK Classic Arena
Without further ado, let’s start with this tier list, for the healers the tier list is as follows:
- Holy Paladin – S tier – Strong throughput, great defensive tools, good mana management, arguably the best healer overall. Has great synergy with melee cleaves.
- Discipline Priest – S tier – Hard to kill, nice defensive tools, good support with cc, Mass Dispel. Amazing synergy with setup-based comps like Sub Rogue and Frost Mage.
- Restoration Druid – A tier – Great mobility, a good amount of crowd control, good throughput. Good synergy with casters, depends a lot on good positioning
- Restoration Shaman – B tier – Good throughput, good utility, and support with totems, nice mobility. Has good synergy with casters, specially Shadowplay.
- Holy Priest – D – Has very few pros to be quite honest, you can say it has a nice amount of crowd control and Mass Dispel, besides that it is not worth playing Holy when you can play Discipline. Has nice synergy with setup-based comps but is not the same as Discipline.
The Best DPS in WotLK Classic Arena
- Subtlety Rogue – S tier – Great single target damage, great mobility, great crowd control, nice survivability, 5 stars.
- Arms Warrior – S tier – Tons of damage, that’s it, 10/10, for real though, this spec has huge amounts of damage.
- Affliction Warlock – S tier – Solid consistent damage, good pressure thanks to interrupts and silences.
- Elemental Shaman – S tier – Amazing single target burst damage, great support for the team with totems, nice AoE damage.
- Frost Mage – S tier – Tons of crowd control combined with great single target burst damage.
- Unholy Death Knight – A tier – Great pressure and damage with dots, great AoE damage, good amount of defensive cooldowns, and a nice amount of crowd control.
- Destruction Warlock – A tier – Good crowd control and amazing single-target burst damage.
- Shadow Priest – A tier – Great consistent damage, good amount of crowd control, Mass Dispel and nice off-heals.
- Marksmanship Hunter – A tier – Pretty good single target damage, nice crowd control options and good mobility.
- Feral Druid – A tier – Super high burst damage, nice defensive cooldowns, good mobility, nice off-heals, the only reason Feral Druid is A tier is because it is a really hard spec to play, if it was a bit easier it would definitely be S tier without a doubt.
- Frost Death Knight – B tier – Nice burst damage, good defensive cooldowns but it is not as good as the Unholy Death Knight.
- Retribution Paladin – B tier – Good amount of utility, nice off-heals, nice burst damage with offensive cooldowns but outside of the burst windows it doesn’t have that much consistent damage or pressure.
- Enhancement Shaman – B tier – Nice amount of utility and support with totems, good burst damage but consistent damage or pressure is pretty low.
- Beast Mastery Hunter – B tier – Good amount of damage during offensive cooldowns but a spec as easy as Beast Master Hunter can only do so much, if you do not have your offensive cooldowns, your damage is very low.
- Balance Druid – B tier – Good mobility, good off-heals, good crowd control but damage is not as good as other specs mentioned above.
- Assassination Rogue – C tier – Great crowd control, nice consistent damage but this spec is very squishy and is a bit harder to play than most specs, still, damage is not as good as Subtlety Rogue.
- Fury Warrior – C tier – Single target damage is ok, nothing fancy, the only way you generate pressure in the enemy team is with damage, hence why this spec is in the C tier.
- Survival Hunter – C tier – Damage is meh, the only good thing about this spec is that it generates a lot of pressure versus casters but that does not compensate for the low damage throughput.
- Fire Mage – C tier – Good burst damage, consistent damage is ok, great crowd control but survivability is very low.
- Arcane Mage – D tier – If you cannot cast, you do nothing, if you can cast, your damage is ok but not as good as Fire or Frost. Also, good amount of crowd control.
- Demonology Warlock – D tier – If your MMO fantasy is to become a demon play this spec, otherwise just play Affliction, trust us.
- Combat Rogue – D tier – Killing Spree is one the most fun buttons to press but sadly it is attached to this spec with low consistent damage but good amount of crowd control.
These are the Best Classes in WotLK Classic Arena
Now you know what the arena tier list for Wrath of the Lich King Classic looks like, if your spec is at the bottom just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and switch specs if you want to have a good performance in player vs player.
Sadly PvP and PvE are not the same when it comes to using non-meta specs. In PvP you can really tell if a spec is far superior to another, and to be quite honest, it is a bit frustrating if you are resilient and don’t care about pushing rating, then, by all means, play what you have the most fun with, if you do want to push rating we strongly suggest you switch to one the top tier specs. Remember, some comps might use a B or C tier spec, and it will feel strong, but it is going to be thanks to the synergy with the other DPS and the healer, not because the spec is actually strong unless you are really a gladiator, then play whatever you want, have fun in arenas!