Are WoW BfA World Quests More Fun than Daily Ones?
The 9th expansion of World of Warcraft – Battle for Azeroth – brought a plethora of changes to Azeroth. And apart from new zones, dungeons, items etc., we were treated with new world quests. So, is it safe to say that the WoW BfA World Quests are an improvement over the now aging daily quests?
Yes, I believe world quests (as a concept) are superior to daily quests so kudos to Blizzard for implementing them in Battle for Azeroth. They offer more variety to the max-level content in both Zandalar and Kul Tiras and they aim to tackle the repetitiveness issues of dailies.
In a nutshell, by adding world quests to the game, Blizzard managed to make the world feel more lively and engaging than ever before. Besides, most of these quests feel adequately rewarding, which shouldn’t be neglected.
What are world quests in BfA all about?
World quests in Battle for Azeroth are special quests that when unlocked, appear in every single zone of the two new continents – Zandalar and Kul Tiras. These quests are only available to players who’ve reached the level cap (120) and you’ll obviously need to possess the BfA expansion in order to have access to any of them.
Now, arguably the most important and fascinating feature to world quests in Battle for Azeroth is the fact that there are literally hundreds of them. However, the great thing is that only a few of them are available at any given time. This is brilliant because of one thing – it greatly lowers the chance for repetitiveness. Since you’re only getting a handful of these quests at a time, there’s a very slim chance to stumble upon the same quest.
Even though repetitiveness shouldn’t be an issue, new world quests don’t simply pop up after you’ve already completed one. Sure, there’s no limit as to how many you can complete in a single day, but new world quests don’t spawn automatically. Another thing is that unlike dailies, world quests don’t reset at a particular time. Nonetheless, the durations for world quests vary and the harder ones have longer durations.
But don’t worry about the harder, more challenging world quests – they are universal for all players in a given realm! This means that other folks in your realm will have the same world quests, so grouping with others is the answer to completing tougher quests.
How do I open World Quests in BfA?
In order to unlock world quests in Battle for Azeroth, your character must meet the following requirements:
- Reach the level cap (120)
- Unlock all 3 footholds from the faction-specific War Campaigns (Horde or Alliance)
- Get to Friendly reputation with the 3 primary factions related to each faction –Voldunai, Zandalari Empire and Talanji’s Expedition for Horde and Order of Embers, Proudmoore Admiralty and Storm’s Wake for Alliance
As for the last requirement concerning reaching a Friendly reputation with the aforementioned factions, they are united under faction-specific quests – Uniting Zandalar for Horde and Uniting Kul Tiras for Alliance. And once you’ve managed to unlock them, world quests will become available in every single zone in the two new continents, from Vol’dun to Tiragarde Sound.
After that, you can start doing world quests by simply going to the flightmaster, checking the locations of each quest near a flight path and deciding which quest to go for first.
One cool and convenient thing about unlocking world quests in Battle for Azeroth is that you’ll receive the Flight Master’s Whistle – a teleport item that lets you get to the closest flightmaster in no time. Now, if you’ve obtained this item in Legion, you’ll still have to unlock world quests in BfA. That’s because this will enable the whistle to work in the two new zones – Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
How many types of World Quests are there in BfA?
There are 4 main categories of world quests and 7 different sub-types in Battle for Azeroth, each with a distinctive name, requirement, difficulty and rewards. First and foremost, these are various sub-types that appear on the minimap:
- Purple exclamation mark (with a dragon around it) – Involves a World boss
- Blue skull (with a dragon around it) – Involves a dungeon or a group
- Blue exclamation mark (with a dragon around it) – Involves a rare elite mob
- Normal exclamation mark (with a dragon around it) – Involves a weaker rare elite mob
- Normal exclamation mark- Involves a soloable quest
- Profession maker – Involves a quest related to your profession
- Green paw maker – Involves battle pet clashes
And here are the four main world quest categories that you can stumble upon in Battle for Azeroth:
- Champions of Azeroth World Quests: are all about Azerite and they’re a bit different in terms of game mechanics to other world quests in BfA. Also, Champions of Azeroth quests appear in both the two new continents.
- Tortollan Seekers World Quests: are puzzles and not ordinary “kill X number of mobs” quests. And in a similar fashion to Champions of Azeroth world quests, these are also slightly different in terms of how they work and can be found in both Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
- Faction Assault World Quests: The BfA Faction Assaults (or incursions) are meant to ignite Horde vs Alliance scenarios across the new zones. Also, a Faction Assault lasts 7 hours and as you might imagine, both Horde and Alliance players can engage in these world quests.
- Warfronts World Quests: After patch 8.1, the Warfront world quests become available to players from the faction that controls one of the following zones – Arathi Highlands or Darkshore. There’s also a new currency that’s awarded to players (apart from gold, artifact power etc.) – it’s called Service medals and they can be used to acquire cosmetic items.
There’s no doubt that the WoW BfA World Quests are a superb addition to the game and a huge improvement over the not-so-captivating daily quests. And with the addition of the fresh new zones and other innovations, the world quests in Battle for Azeroth are bound to keep players glued to their screens for a long time.
Are you a fan of world quests btw or do you prefer good old dailies? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
For more WoW, check this out: WoW BfA Talents: All of the Changes to the Talent System