Viper Strike Pathfinder
Since melee classes are all the rage in Legion, why not try out a Melee Pathfinder? A good example is the Viper Strike Pathfinder. Aside from the fact that it can take out numerous enemies from a safe distance, her core skills stand out among the best poison skills in the game.
- Core: Viper Strike with Ancestral Call, Melee Splash, Deadly Ailments, Added Chaos, and Vile Toxins support. Some support gems can be replaced with Melee Physical Damage and Multistrike.
- Secondary DPS: Herald of Agony with Minion Damage, Pierce, and Maim support.
- Mobility: Whirling Blades with Faster Attacks, Fortify, and Blood Magic support.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: CWDT with Summon Lightning Golem.
- Vaal Double Strike with Withering Touch, Faster Attacks, and Increased Duration support.
- Vaal Blight
- Ancestral Protector
- Arctic Armour
- Starkonja’s Head (Unique) for increased attack speed, dexterity, critical strike chances, life, and evasion
- Any Rare helmet that has bonuses to elemental resistances, life, and Viper Strike damage.
- Belly of the Beast (Unique) for increased Armour, Life, Elemental Resistances, and Flask Life Recovery rate; Extra gore.
- The Perfect Form (Unique) for increased life, cold resistance, lower mana reservation for Arctic Armour, Increased Dexterity, Evasion uncapped by cold resistance, phase Acrobatics.
- Wasp’s Nests (Unique) for increased physical, poison, and chaos damage, critical strike chance, and accuracy.
- Rare Gemini Claw with bonus 200 Physical DPS, 20% Attack Speed, and 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage; preferably with added Potion Duration and Added Chaos Damage.
- The Embalmer (Unique) for increased chaos damage, life, chaos resistance, and poison duration.
Boots and Belt:
- Any Rare boots with bonuses to life and elemental resistances. The former is preferable with Increased Attack and Cast Speed if you’ve killed recently; the latter is preferable with increased Physical Damage (Rustic Sash)
- Any Rare rings with bonuses to life and elemental resistances; any Rare amulet with bonuses to life, intelligence, mana, strength, accuracy, and physical damage.
- Growing Agony (Unique) for more Viper Strike Damage.
- Any rare jewels with bonuses to life, chaos damage, and global accuracy rating.
- Coralito’s Signature (Unique) for lucky critical strike chance, increased poison on hit and poison duration; grants Perfect Agony during flask effect.
- Witchfire Brew (Unique) for 100% increased Evasion Rating, Smoke Cloud on Use, 50% increased Charges used, (25-40)% increased Damage Over Time during Flask Effect, and Grants Level 21 Despair Curse Aura during Flask Effect.
- Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for huge DPS boost and life leech.
- Bubbling Divine Like Flask of Staunching for recovery and bleeding removal/immunity.
- Ample Silver Flask of Heat for movement speed and cold and freezing removal/immunity.
Melee combat, poison, and great DPS – just some of the great things about the Viper Strike Pathfinder. While melee classes are in, the best time to make one is now.