Elemental Hit Ascendant
The Ascendant was a classic example of an awesome plan but poor execution. Emphasis on “was”, as the class finally has a build that’s not only tough but also viable for all content in Synthesis. It’s no other than the Elemental Hit Ascendant.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, check here.
- Core Skill: Elemental Hit with Elemental Damage with Attacks, Combustion, Fire Penetration, and Mirage Archer. For single targets, add Damage on Full Life. For clearing mobs, put Greater Multiple Projectiles.
- Aura: no aura required because this is a Blood Magic build, but Anger/Flammability-Blasphemy/Herald of Ash/Arctic Armor are viable options.
- Cast When Damage Taken: Immortal Call with Blood Rage. Keep CWDT at Level 1.
- Mobility: Blink Arrow with Faster Attacks support.
- Utility: Lightning Golem and Decoy Golem.
- Extra Buffs: Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace.
- Helm: any Rare helmet with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, armor, and attack speed.
- Chest: Kaom’s Heart (Unique) for increased fire damage and maximum life; or Rare armor with bonuses to life and elemental resistances.
- Bow: any Rare bow with bonuses to socketed skill gem levels, damage dealt by socketed skill gems, attack speed, and critical strike chance.
- Off-hand: Drillneck (Unique) for increased bow attacks, attack speed, evasion, life, and more damage with hits and ailments.
- Gloves: Tombfist (Unique) to curse enemies with level 11 Elemental Weakness on hit, increased attack speed and life.
- Boots: Kaom’s Roots (Unique) for extra Life and immunity to Frozen, Chilled, Stunned, and Temporal Chains.
- Belt: any Rare Stygian Vise with bonuses to elemental resistance and elemental damage; Eye Jewel with bonuses on Life and Mana.
- Yoke of Suffering (Unique Amulet) for bonus to all attributes, elemental resistances, chance to shock, increased damage for every ailment on enemy.
- Rare ring with bonuses to elemental resistances, life, and elemental damage.
- Pyre (Unique Ring) for cold resistance and fire resistance, increased burning damage, 100% of cold damage converted to fire damage, increased light radius, and instant kill of ignited enemies.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels that have bonuses on life and elemental damage.
- Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding immunity/removal
- The Wise Oak (Unique) for +35% elemental resistances.
- Experimenter’s Quark Flask of Heat for attack and spell evasion and chill immunity/removal
- Experimenter’s Silver Flask of Warding for Onslaught and curse immunity/removal
- Chemist’s Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for increased movement speed.
It’s a Wrap
Finally, the Ascendant is back on the map. And with the Elemental Hit build, which is, pun intended, a hit, it’s going to be huge.