The Soulwrest Necromancer relies on the namesake weapon to make the PoE build work. As such, it’s all about dealing cold damage, unlike other Summoner/Necromancer builds whose minions serve as both offense and defense.
- tanky, has considerable life
- league starter
- can take down bosses
- has a unique play style
- takes time to get started in combat
- play style not for everyone, even among minion builds
- requires a lot of sockets
Passive Skill Tree: Here’s the Passive Skill Tree!
Soulwrest Necromancer Geara
Weapon: Soulwrest (Unique) for chance to trigger level 20 Summon Phantasm when you summon a corpse; increased cast speed, spell damage, mana regen, minion physical damage, and increased life regen after consuming a corpse.
- Summon Phantasm, Minion Damage, Controlled Destruction, Hypothermia, Slower Projectiles support gems; Signal Prey
Head: Devouring Diadem (Unique) for +1 level and 20% reduced mana reservation of socketed gems, increased energy shield, lightning and chaos resistance, Eldritch Battery, and triggers level 15 Feast of Flesh every 5 seconds.
Body: Rare armor with increased life, elemental resistances, and effect of offerings; should have 2 3-links.
- Raise Spectre and Animate Guardian with Blood Magic support gem
- Summon Carrion Golem with Feeding Frenzy and Elemental Army support gems
Gloves: Triad Grip (Unique) for increased armor and energy shield, and for 25% of minion damage into cold damage for every green socket (all sockets must be green).
Belt: Stygian Vise with increased life, or Darkness Enthroned for 73% increased effect for socketed jewels.
Boots: Rare boots with increased life, +1 to level of Raise Spectre gems, and 35% increased movement speed.
- Rare Amulet with increased dexterity, life, and level 20 Aspect of the Avian
- 2 Unset Ring with increased life and 25% minion damage
- Bone Offering and Convocation
- Hatred and Generosity support gem
- Summon Skitterbots and Bonechill support gem
- Storm Brand and Frostbite with Hextech and Faster Casting support gems
- Dash with Second Wind support gem
- Desecrate with Spell Cascade support gem
Jewels: Rare Jewels with bonuses to life, increased minion damage, attack speed, and cast speed, and has chance to blind enemies on attacks.
- Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding recovery/immunity
- Eternal Life Flask of Heat for life recovery and chilling/freeze recovery/immunity
- Rumi’s Concoction (Unique) for +3000 armor and increased chance to block attacks and spells
- Basalt Flask of Iron Skin for physical damage reduction and reflection, as well as armor
- Quicksilver Flask of Warding for increased movement speed and curse removal
The Soulwrest Necromancer is a breath of fresh yet cold and strong air. This makes it a must for minion build enthusiasts if they want to try their hand at something they haven’t done before.