Freeze Pulse Totem Hierophant
Strike while the iron is hot! Or for online games like Path of Exile, content. For the Freeze Pulse Totem Hierophant, however, things need to chill out – by a lot. With its unique setup, it won’t have much trouble freezing Wraeclast over.
Table of Contents
Pros and Cons of the Freeze Pulse Totem Hierophant Build
- works regardless of budget
- enjoyable gameplay
- viable in almost all content
- scales against bosses
- has a DPS cap
- requires specific Unique gear
- low defenses early on
Passive Skill Tree and Gem Links
Core Skill: Freezing Pulse Freezing Pulse (level 21/20) with Inspiration, Multiple Totems, and Hyporthemia support gems and the following and two Awakened support gems: Controlled Destruction and Added Cold Damage.
- Cold Snap with Cast When Damage Taken and Bonechill support gems.
- Steelskin and Vaal Righteous Fire with Increased Duration and Cast When Damage Taken support gems.
Mobility: Flame Dash with Arcane Surge and Second Wind support gems.
Trigger/Manual Buffs: Frost Bomb, Frost Bite, and Summon Lightning Golem.
Freeze Pulse Totem Hierophant Gear Setup
Weapon: Rare wand with increased level of cold skill gems, cast speed, spell damage, critical strike chance for spells, critical strike multiplier, and trigger socketed spell when using skill
Off-hand: Rare shield with increased life, summoned totems, level of spell skill gems, cast speed, spell damage; % of cold damage as chaos damage, chance to deal double damage.
Helm: Rare Helm with increased Freezing Pulse Cast Speed, life, and elemental resistances
Body: Soul Mantle (Unique) for Spell Totem support for socketed gems, increased spell damage, energy shield, totem life, +1 to number of summoned totems, and random hex on you when totem dies
Gloves: Rare Gloves with increased life, elemental resistances, and damage against chilled enemies.
Belt: Rare Leather Belt with increased life, damage, and elemental resistances
Boots: Rare Boots with increased life, movement speed (25-30%) and elemental resistances
- Rare Amulet with increased life, cold/intelligence skill gems, dexterity, and elemental resistances
- Two Kikazarus for increased lightning resistances, increased mana regen rate, reduced curse effect, 1 life per second regen
- Two Large Cluster Jewels with “added small passive skills grant 12% increased cold damage”
- Unique Jewels
- Watcher’s Eye for increased energy shield, life, maximum mana, random aura mods
- First Snow for increased projectile damage, 2 additional projectiles and 25% increased damage after recently shattering enemy for Freezing Pulse if there is at least 40 intelligence in radius.
- Self-Flagellation – +10-20% damage per curse on you, additional curse can be applied to you
- Thread of Hope – passives in radius not connected to your tree can be allocated, increased elemental resistances.
- Any Rare jewels with the following modifiers: life, critical strike multiplier for cold/elemental skills/spells, increased spell damage, cold damage, damage, projectile speed, cast speed
- Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding recovery/immunity
- Chemist’s Diamond Flask of Heat for lucky critical strike chance and chill/freeze recovery/immunity
- Experimenter’s Basalt Flask of Grounding for physical damage reduction and reflection and shock recovery/immunity
- Cinderswallow Urn (Unique) for Onslaught and life, mana, and energy shield recovery during flask effect.
- The Wise Oak for increased resistances, increased resistance to element with lowest resistance, and increased elemental damage penetration with highest elemental resistance.
With both utility and high DPS, the Freeze Pulse Totem Hierophant is a great choice when you start Path of Exile: Ultimatum. Try it out – you will not regret it.