OSRS Nightmare Zone Guide
Are you looking for the best OSRS Nightmare Zone Points Guide? We’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll offer everything there is to know about the minigame.
Check out our Marketplace to buy cheap OSRS Gold.
We’ll cover everything from the best strategies, the necessary requirements, and the OSRS Nightmare Zone rewards available, and help you gain averagely 300,000 points per hour.
What are the OSRS Nightmare Zone requirements?
- Complete 5 quests from the list below
- Have enough coins to enter the mini-game (at least 1,000)
Before we share our optimal strategy for the Nightmare Zone, let’s take a look at how to do Nightmare Zone in OSRS to start the minigame in the first place.
Improve your OSRS Gameplay from these guides
Complete 5 of the following quests:
- Desert Treasure
- Dragon Slayer
- Dream Mentor
- Fairy Tale I – Growing Pains
- Family Crest
- Fight Arena
- The Depths of Despair
- The Fremennik Isles
- The Grand Tree
- The Great Brain Robbery
- Grim Tales
- The Corsair Curse
- Haunted Mine
- Holy Grail
- Horror from the Deep
- In Search of the Myreque
- Legends’ Quest
- Lost City
- Lunar Diplomacy
- Mountain Daughter
- My Arm’s Big Adventure
- One Small Favour
- Tale of the Righteous
- Recipe for Disaster
- Roving Elves
- Shadow of the Storm
- Shilo Village
- Tree Gnome Village
- Troll Romance
- Troll Stronghold
- What Lies Below
- Witch’s House
- Vampire Slayer
Afterward, put coins in the coffer in the Nightmare Zone lobby:
- Endurance normal mode needs 1,000 coins
- Endurance hard mode needs 5,000 coins
- Rumble normal mode needs 2,000 coins
- Rumble hard mode needs 6,000 coins
- Customizable rumble needs 22,000 or 26,000 for normal/hard
If you have completed all OSRS Nightmare Zone quests from the list above, you can get a discount of 10,000 on customizable rumbles.
Finally, there is a practice mode that requires no coins.
For more RuneScape, check this out: OSRS Slayer Guide
What are the different modes?
- Nightmare zone has three modes
- Practice mode, endurance mode, and rumble mode
- Each mode also has a normal and hard modifier
In the Nightmare Zone, you get to fight quest bosses you have fought in the past. The more quests you have completed, the more NMZ bosses will be available.
There are three different Nightmare Zone modes – Endurance, Rumble, and Practice. Each of these three also has a normal and hard difficulty modifier.
Check this out on OSRS
- WoW Classic Tanking Guide for Beginners
- WoW Shadowlands Covenants – The Ultimate Guide!
- Getting one of the Best Legendary Cloaks in the Game
- A Complete Guide to WoW Dwarf Heritage Armor
- All About WoW Multiboxing
1. Practice Mode
In Practice mode, you get to choose a specific quest boss to fight. This lets you practice your strategy for that fight. No experience or points are given. You will still get item drops, however.
3. Endurance Mode
In Endurance mode, you must fight each boss 1 on 1 until you either defeat all unlocked bosses or you die. You gain points for each boss you kill.
3. Rumble Mode
In Rumble mode, you can play solo or group up with friends. You will fight randomly selected bosses that all drop into the arena at once. When you kill one boss, another will spawn in its place. Rumble mode only ends when all players are dead. Once again, points are rewarded for each boss kill.
With customizable Rumble mode, you can pay more to choose which bosses spawn.
What about normal and hard mode?
- Normal: you fight monsters from quests at their original level
- Hard: the quest monsters have double HP, attack, strength, ranged, and magic stats. You get far more points per kill.
How about the recommended skills?
- 43 – Prayer
- 51 – HP
- 70 – Attack
- 70 – Defense
- 70 – Strength
- 75 – Ranged
- 86 – Magic
Once you have completed at least 5 of the required quests, you should also make sure you have the recommended stats.
Nightmare Zone is a safe minigame so you won’t lose gear when you die, but these stats are necessary for the most optimal results.
- Prayer – Level 43
- Health Points – Level 51
- Attack, Strength, Defense – Level 70
- Ranged – Level 75
- Magic – Level 86
For more RuneScape articles, check this out: OSRS Fishing Guide for 1-99
How about the best NMZ Strategies for the most points?
- Avoid the monsters from the list below
- Use the recommended equipment below
- Fill your inventory with 4-5 overloads, prayer potions, and a Saradomin Godsword
There are many popularized strategies for Nightmare Zone that have been refined to help you earn the most experience and Nightmare Zone points per hour.
There is one in particular that stands out. We will be sharing this one below.
Before we share that strategy, though, it should be mentioned that the best option is to choose a customized Rumble mode, then have every boss enabled, with some exceptions.
Avoid these quests and their respective monsters:
- Dragon Slayer (Elvarg)
- Fairytale I – Growing Pains (Tanglefoot)
- The Family Crest (Chronozon)
- The Fremennik Isles (Ice Troll King)
- The Great Brain Robbery (Barrelchest)
- Grim Tales (Glod)
- Haunted Mine (Treus Dayth)
- Horror from the Deep (Dagannoth mother)
- My Arm’s Big Adventure (Giant Roc)
- One Small Favour (Slagilith)
- Shadow of the Storm (Agrith-Naar)
- Tale of the Righteous (Corrupt Lizardman)
- Troll Stronghold (Dad)
- Shilo Village (Nazastarool)
- Witch’s House (Witch’s experiment)
- Recipe for Disaster
Whilst Rumble is the most optimal strategy, Endurance is slightly easier as you only fight one boss at once. You can use the following loadout in either Rumble or Endurance.
Top Nightmare Zone Strategy
This is the most optimal method that takes the least amount of concentration, gives you the highest XP per hour and the highest Nightmare Zone points per hour.
Take 4-5 overloads, your godsword, and one space for coins. The rest of your inventory can be used for prayer potions.
Use your Saradomin Godsword special to keep your prayer points up for longer.
- Helmet – Helm of Neitiznot
- Amulet – Amulet of glory (or fury)
- Ring – Berserker ring
- Cape – Ardougne cloak 4, Fire cape, or Obsidian cape
- Body – Proselyte hauberk
- Legs – Proselyte cuisse
- Gloves – Barrows gloves
- Boots – Primordial boots
- Main hand – Abyssal whip
- Second hand – Dragon defender
- Quiver – God blessing
- For special attack – Saradomin godsword
Which rewards does the Nightmare Zone have?
- Three reward types – Upgrade, resource, and benefits
- Benefits are potions exclusive to Nightmare Zone
- Resources are standard skilling resources
- Upgrades can upgrade existing items
In Nightmare Zone, you are rewarded with points for each NMZ boss you kill. For reference, our strategy above can net you roughly 300,000 points per hour, on average.
The points you earn can be spent on a variety of items. The items are split into three different categories: Resources, Upgrades, and Benefits.
Benefits include potions that can only be used in the Nightmare Zone.
Upgrade rewards are different – they provide upgrades to existing items. You spend points to NMZ imbue that base item to give it more power.
1. Benefit Rewards
- Super range – 250 points
- Super magic – 250 points
- Overload – 1,500 points
- Absorption – 1,000 points
2. Resource Rewards
- Runes (air, water, earth, fire) – 25 points
- Rune essence – 60 points
- Pure essence – 70 points
- Flax – 75 points
- Vial of water – 145 points
- Snape Grass – 175 points
- Bucket of sand – 200 points
- Seaweed – 200 points
- Red Spiders’ Eggs – 300 points
- Dragon scale dust – 750 points
- Scroll of redirection – 775 points
- Potato cactus – 1,250 points
- Compost potion(4) – 5,000 points
- Herb box – 9,500 points
3. Upgrade Rewards
- Black mask & Slayer helmet – 1.25M points
- Salve amulet & Salve amulet (e) – 800K points
- Ring of suffering – 725K points
- Berserker, Warrior, & Archers ring – 650K points
- Treasonous, Ring of gods, & Seers ring – 650K points
- Granite ring – 500K points
- Crystal bow, shield, & halberd (base versions) – 20K points
Thanks for reading our ultimate OSRS Nightmare Zone guide. We hope that this covers everything you could ever need to know about the minigame.
Check this out for more RuneScape Guides.