Winter Orb Witch
With Cold spells, you get the best of both worlds: utility and damage. That is why lots of players choose to build elementalists whose core skills are of that element. One of the most popular ones among them is the Winter Orb Witch. Fun, fast-paced, and can easily clear out mobs, this is a great choice in Legion.
Skill Tree: https://tinyurl.com/y22kpee4
- Core Skill: Winter Orb with Hypothermia, Concentrated Effect, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Increased Critical Strikes, and Controlled Destruction support gems.
- Secondary DPS: Frost Bomb
- Buffs: Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder with Innervate support gem
- Mobility: Flame Dash with Arcane Surge and Increased Duration support gems
- CWDT Setup: Cast When Damage Taken with Arctic Armour and Cold Snap
- Utility: Decoy Totem and Summon Ice Golem with Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance and Culling Strike support gems.
- Weapon and Offhand: Any Rare offhand with bonuses Spell Damage, Cold Damage, Cast Speed, and Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
- Helm: Any Rare helm with bonuses to cold damage to spells, elemental resistances, and intelligence
- Chest: Inpulsa’s Broken Heart (Unique) for increased life, damage upon recently shocking an enemy, shock effect, and chance to make shocked enemies explode, which deals damage
- Gloves: Any Rare gloves with bonuses to elemental resistances and additional damage against chilled enemies
- Boots: Any Rare boots with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and movement speed
- Belt: Any Stygian Vise with bonuses to life, armor, and elemental resistances
- Mark of the Shaper (Unique Ring) for additional lightning damage to spells, increased energy shield and life, increased spell damage if the other ring is an elder ring
- Any Rare elder ring with bonuses to critical strike multiplier, damage, elemental resistances, and maximum life
- Any Rare amulet with bonuses to attributes, cast speed, global critical strike chance multiplier, life, area damage, and AOE
Jewels: any Rare jewels with bonuses to spell damage, cold and lightning damage to spells, global critical strike multiplier, and life.
- Atziri’s Promise (Unique) to gain chaos damage
- The Wise Oak (Unique) for 10% reduced damage taken for lowest elemental resistance
- Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Resistance for movement speed and additional elemental resistances
- Surgeon’s Silver Flask of heat for Onslaught and freeze immunity/removal
- Sapping Eternal Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding immunity/removal
The Winter Orb Witch had come to Wraeclast for a long, long time, and continues to be a well-balanced and reliable build. Try it out for yourself and you’re sure to get your enemies chilling—literally!