Viper Strike Assassin
A Viper Strike Assassin build – perhaps there’s no core skill more appropriate for the class, as the skill defines how a true assassin should strike. Plus, it’s one of the best builds for the class for Patch 3.2. Hopefully, if future changes permit, this build could remain not only viable but also suitable for future updates.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill gem (Viper Strike): have it with Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage, Added Chaos Damage, Unbound Ailments, and Vile Toxins support gems.
- Mobility: have Whirling Blades with Faster Attacks, Fortify, and Blood Magic.
- Totem setup: have Spell Totem with Wither and Increase Duration support gem.
- Curse setup: have Blasphemy, Despair, Enlighten, and Temporal Chains.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: have Immortal Call and Vortex.
- Sockets (if you have a few): have Blood Rage and Lightning Golem.
- Weapon: Two The Wasp’s Nest (Unique) for increased physical, poison, and chaos damage; also, it has critical strike chance and accuracy.
- Off-hand: Death’s Hand (Unique) for increased elemental damage, physical damage, critical strike chance, chance to gain power charge for the stunning enemy, and gain Unholy Might for 2 seconds upon a critical hit.
- Body: Dendrobate (Unique) for increased evasion, energy shield, maximum energy shield, elemental resistances, poison damage when you have 300 Dexterity; poison duration if you have 150 Intelligence, and level 10 Lesser Poison supports socketed gems.
- Gloves: Fenumus Weave (Unique) for increased evasion, energy shield, life, attack and cast speed, damage with hits and ailments against enemies afflicted with 3 Spider’s Web, and it adds 10 to 14 chaos damage for each Spider’s Web on the enemy.
- Boots: Kaom’s Roots (Unique) for extra Life and immunity to Frozen, Chilled, Stunned, and Temporal Chains.
- Belt: Belt of the Deceiver (Unique) for increased strength, physical damage, critical strikes, life, elemental resistances, and intimidation of nearby enemies; Doryani’s Invitation is also a good alternative.
- Accessories: any Rare rings with bonuses to physical damage, life, strength, elemental resistances, accuracy, and fire damage; any Rare amulet with bonuses to Strength, Intelligence, accuracy, global critical strike chance, life, elemental resistances, and physical attack.
- Jewels: Growing Agony (Unique) to enhance Viper Strike; rare Jewels with bonuses to life, critical strike chance, and damage.
- Flasks: Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for chaos resistance. Lion’s Roar (Unique) for knockback to melee attacks. Rumi’s Concoction (Unique) for +3000 to armor. Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding immunity/recovery, and Experimenter’s Diamond Flask of Reflexes for lucky critical strike chance and increased evasion.
The Viper Strike Assassin build is quintessential, not only in theme but also in effectiveness. So if you want a solid and novel build, this one is for you.