The Necromancer continues to be a popular Ascendancy class for the Witch in Path of Exile 3.13: Echoes of the Atlas, and for many good reasons. For those looking for a build to start with either for the expansion or to try out the Ascendancy or both, the Flame Golemancer is a great choice.
- Easy to level
- Solid clear speed and damage
- Good survivability
- Can be AFK
- Can be customized
- Important and min-maxed items can be expensive
- Passive play style
Passive Skill Tree, Gear, and Gem Links
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Weapon: Clayshaper (Unique) for increased area of effect, level 12 Summon Stone Golem skill, increased minion life, +1 to maximum number of summoned golems, and increased 8-12 minion damage.
- Phase Run with Efficacy and Increased Duration support gems.
- Off-hand: Victario’s Charity (Unique) for increased life, elemental resistances, chance to grant Power Charge to nearby allies on kill, and Frenzy Charge to nearby allies on hit.
- Discipline; Convocation with Cast When Damage Taken support gem.
- Head: Rare Circlet with socketed gems supported by increased minion damage and life, burning damage, and elemental damage; increased minion life and damage; increased energy shield.
- Raise Spectre with Elemental Focus, Elemental Army, and Multiple Totems support gem.
- Body: Skin of the Loyal (Unique) for +1 level of socketed gems, and 100% global defenses.
- Summon Flame Golem with Minion Damage, Empower, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Spell Echo, and Combustion support gems.
- Gloves: Rare Gloves for increased life, elemental resistances, trigger degree of reflection when hit, and increased energy shield.
- Flesh Offering, Desecrate, and Winter Orb with Cast While Channeling support gems.
- Belt: Rare Belt with increased armor, energy shield, elemental resistances, and life.
- Boots: Rare Boots with increased energy shield, +1 to level of all Raise Spectre gems, increased movement, and increased stun and block recovery.
- Temporal Chains and Elemental Weakness with Enhance and Blasphemy support gems.
- Presence of Chayula (Unique) for additional curse applied, chaos resistance, 20% of maximum life converted to energy shield, and stun immunity.
- Rare Rings with increased attributes, evasion, energy shield, increased minion movement speed, elemental attacks, and level of socketed gem.
- The Anima Stone (Unique) for +1 to number of summoned golems.
- Primordial Might (Unique) for increased damage after summoning a golem, golems get increased damage and life and are aggressive; Primordial.
- 7 Primordial Harmony (Unique) for increased golem cooldown recovery rate, increased golem damage for each type of golem summoned, golems summoned have 2% of life per second regen; you cannot be hindered.
- Watcher’s Eye (Unique) for increased energy shield, life, mana, and faster energy shield recharge and regeneration when affected by Discipline.
- Rumi’s Concoction (Unique) for +3000 armor and chance to block spell and attacks during flask effect.
- Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding recovery/immunity.
- Seething Divine Life Flask of Dowsing for life recovery and burning recovery/immunity.
- Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Heat for mana recovery and chill/freeze recovery/immunity.
- Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Warding for mana recovery and curse recovery/immunity.
The Flame Golemancer might not have blazing-fast gameplay, but it’s a great PoE build to go with if you want to take on the expansion right out of the gate. Try it out for yourself – you’ll find it hot.