Holy Flame Totem Hierophant
Totems were all the rage a few patches ago. However, after a few tweaks to the metagame, other builds started to shine brighter. Nevertheless, totem builds continue to be powerful and reliable. A good example of that is the Holy Flame Totem Hierophant. Here’s the version of the build that’s updated for Patch 3.10.
Check out our Marketplace to buy POE Items and Orbs.
Passive Skill Tree
For the Passive Skill Tree, click here.
Skill Gem Setup
- Holy Flame Totem with Elemental Focus, Fire Penetration, Infused Channelling, Controlled Destruction, and Added Fire Damage support gems.
- Flammability, Arcane Surge, Increased Duration, and Spell Cascade
- Wave of Conviction, Spell Totem, Multiple Totems, and Combustion
- Cast When Damage Taken with Steelskin, Increased Duration, and Vaal Righteous Fire
- Flame Dash with Second Wind support gem and Portal
Essence Worm Ring Socket
- Herald of Ash
- Any Rare helm with bonuses to life, mana, and elemental resistances; warlord influence affix with “nearby enemies have -9% fire resistance”.
- Any Rare Shaper or Hunter armor with bonuses to life and critical strike chance for spells
- Loreweave (unique armor) for 6 sockets, bonus attributes, increased global critical strike chance, physical damage, energy shield, life, mana, elemental damage, and rarity of items found
- Any Rare Shaper gloves that have bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and the “Socketed Gems are supported by level 18/20 Faster Casting/Increased Cast Speed” mod
- Any Rare Hunter gloves with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and “chance to apply Unnerve” mod
- Any Rare Warlord gloves with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and “Culling Strike” affix
- Any Rare boots with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, movement speed, and 120% increased critical strike chance/damage penetrates 10% enemy resistances if you haven’t dealt critical damage recently.
- Any Rare Sceptre, Wand, or Dagger that has bonuses to spell damage, elemental damage, +1 to all Fire Spell Skill Gems, increased fire damage, critical strike chance for spells, and critical strike multiplier
- Any Rare Shaper scepter with “gain X% of physical damage as fire damage”
- Any Rare Shaper shield with the “+1 to number of maximum summoned totems” and/or “+1 to all fire skill gems” affix.
- Rustic Sash or Stygian Vyse with bonuses to life and resistances; preferably with Warlord influence for “increased fire damage”, “increased elemental resistances”, and “increased life recovery rate” affixes
- Essence Worm (Unique Ring) for a gem socket
- Any Rare ring with any of the following bonuses: cast speed, critical strike chance, critical strike multiplier, life, mana, resists, etc)
- Any Rare amulet with bonuses to critical strike chance, cast speed, and spell/fire damage, with Warlord influence for “gain X% of physical damage as fire damage”, “+1 to all fire skill gems”, or “damage penetrates X% fire resistance” affix
- Rain of Splinters (Unique) increased totem coverage, as they now shoot 5 gouts
- Clear Mind (Unique) for spell damage boost and minor regen boost
- Any Rare jewel with bonuses to maximum life, critical strike multiplier with fire spells (or global critical strike multiplier), projectile speed, critical strike chance with fire spells (or global), or totem damage
- Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding immunity/removal
- Wise Oak (unique) for fire penetration and elemental resistances
- Chemist’s Diamond Flask of Heat for lucky critical strike chance and chill/freezing immunity/removal
- Chemist’s Silver Flask of Grounding for increased movement speed and shock immunity/removal
- Chemist’s Quicksilver Flask of Warding for increased movement speed and curse immunity/removal
Nothing beats a classic, and that’s why there’s no other build like a Totem build. Try this blast from the past today and let your would-be enemies know your power as you burn them to a crisp with the Holy Flame Totem Hierophant build.